TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
It is the responsibility of the customer (hirer) to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the inflatable. Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
- Age guidelines for the applicable inflatable must be followed at all times.
- No food or drinks to be consumed on the inflatable, (to avoid choking & mess).
- All shoes, badges, jewellery, (i.e.large earrings, necklaces etc.) MUST be removed. It is recommended that spectacles are also removed.
- Face-paints, party-poppers, coloured streamers or “silly string” must NOT be used near or on the inflatable, as they can make a terrible mess and permanently stain the unit.
- No smoking near the inflatable.
- Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
- A responsible adult must supervise the inflatable at all times.
- Ensure that the inflatable is not overcrowded, and limit the numbers depending on age and size usually 6 people at any one time.
SET UP GUIDELINES - CAN WE SET UP ON THE AVAILABLE SURFACE?
Setting up a bouncy castle safely is what we do. If it’s not safe or secure we will not set up. We stick to health & safety guidelines and will not break the law.
We will not just do it on a one off as we are asked all the time. We can make no exceptions. It is the law and your child’s safety. Please do not ask us to break the law. We will give you the best possible solution to where and how to set up our inflatables. We will set up all our equipment for you as long as it is safe to do so.
It is your responsibility to ensure the surface is suitable to set up on and is large enough to hold the equipment on hire to you.
You will find below images and information to help you identify the surface you may have and whether we can or cannot set up on it for you.
SETTING UP AN INFLATABLE ON HARD STANDING OUTDOORS
The law now states that any inflatable set up outside on hard standing must have 165 Kg of pressure on each anchor point on the inflatable. On a standard bouncy castle that’s 6 anchor points, i.e. 990 Kg of sand (sand bags). Our sand bags used indoors are 25 Kg each so we would need 40 bags for one inflatable… far too much weight on the van for one castle. The only way around this is to introduce the drill and bolt system.
DRILL & BOLT SYSTEM
Drill and bolting an inflatable takes us no longer than setting up on grass. We lay out the inflatable on the tarmac or concrete, then on each anchor point we mark and drill a 10mm hole into the surface. We then take a bolt and large flat washer and trap the anchor point under it, securing it to the floor by tightening it up.
When we collect after your hire, we remove the bolts and roll up the inflatable. The hole in the ground left is no bigger than a 5p piece, but depending on the inflatable you may have 6-8 holes.
WE CAN SET UP THIS WAY ON...
TARMAC — We can drill and bolt on tarmac It must be your driveway and not a council street or road. You will need permission from a local council for us to drill the road or street.
CONCRETE — Drill and bolting is easy on concrete and takes no time at all.
WE CANNOT SET UP ON...
GRAVEL — Gravel is a strange one. If the gravel is smooth we can sheet the surface as long as underneath the gravel is soil and we can anchor down with large pegs like on grass. If it’s rough or sharp gravel then it can damage the inflatable so we won’t set up.
BLOCK PAVING — We cannot set up on block paving as we cannot drill into the blocks without them shattering.
COBBLES — We cannot drill into cobbles so we cannot set up on this surface.
FLAGS — We cannot set up on flags as they shatter when drilling and bolting down.